Situated in South Ari Atoll, the Diamonds properties of Diamonds Athuruga and Diamonds Thudufushi are gearing up to welcome the return of ‘Dining with the Stars’ for the 8th edition of the lifestyle food event. This pioneering gastronomical initiative was created by the Planhotel Hospitality Group in close collaboration with JRE-Jeunes Restaurateurs and Martino Crespi Events to add an additional layer of intrigue to the Maldivian holiday experience.
From December 2022 to April 2023, the ‘Dining with the Stars’ programme will see the hosting of various culinary talents and skills of JRE Chefs, many of whom have earned a Michelin star. These celebrated chefs will be thrilling guests at the picturesque properties by curating masterful dishes using local ingredients. Moreover, they will also be sharing their skills, recipes and passion with guests in this rare and unforgettable culinary meeting.
As part of the programme, both Diamonds properties will welcome a new young talent each week who will be conducting numerous events during their time on the islands. This includes teaching cooking classes, preparing signature dishes, creating menus and even flattering guests with extravagant gala dinners. The embodiment of all these flavourful moments are guaranteed to delight the palates of the most discerning guests at the resorts.
This one-of-a-kind holiday experience will elevate all the senses in a unique solution that celebrates good food and epicureans. This year’s calendar of ‘Dining with the Stars’ will see the appearance of the following chefs till April of 2023.
• 26/12 – 09/01 Oliver Röder – Burg Flamersheim, Euskirchen, Germany
• 08/01 – 23/01 Federico Beretta – Feel, Como, Italy
• 08/01 – 23/01 Alexandra Müller – Romantik Hotel L'Etoile, Charmey, Switzerland
• 22/01 – 06/02 Mark Dixon – The Kings Arms Flegg, Great Yarmouth, UK
• 22/01 – 06/02 Kevin Lejeune – La Canne en Ville, Brussels, Belgium
• 05/02 – 20/02 David Vračko – Restavracija MaK, Maribor, Slovenia
• 05/02 – 20/02 Rob Krawczyk – Restaurant Chestnut, Cork, Ireland
• 19/02 – 06/03 Jeroen Sportel – Vive la Vie, Groningen, Netherlands
• 19/02 – 06/03 Juan Carlos Ferrando – Juan Carlos, Logroño, Spain
• 05/03 – 20/03 David Šimunić – Salon 1905, Belgrade, Serbia
• 05/03 – 20/03 Leonardo Vescera – Il Capriccio, Vieste, Italy
• 19/03 – 03/04 Tony Régnier - L'Ilot Vert, Boulogne-sur-Mer, France
• 19/03 – 03/04 Gianni Caruso - Lucana, Wanze, Belgium
• 02/04 – 17/04 Alberto Basso - Trequarti, Spiazzo di Grancona, Italy
• 02/04 – 17/04 Vjeco Bašić - Boba, Murther, island of Murter, Croatia