This Ramadan, as countries around the world go into lockdown, we look at utilizing limited resources. This means using less for the food you make as well, compared to the other years. Instead of giving up on your sweet treats, try these 3-ingredient dessert recipes by Taste magazine.
Ingredients (2 servings)
8 chocolate sandwich cookies, plus more for topping
1 ½ cups heavy cream (360 mL)
½ cup powdered sugar (80 g)
1. Separate the cream from the chocolate sandwich cookies. Place the cookies in a plastic bag and the cream in a small bowl.
2. Using a rolling pin, crush the cookies until they are finely ground.
3. Microwave the cream from the chocolate sandwich cookies for 2 minutes.
4. In a chilled medium bowl, beat the heavy cream using a hand mixer until thick and frothy.
5. Add the cream from the cookies and the powdered sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
6. Fold in the chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs, saving some as topping for later.
7. Spoon into a piping bag or plastic bag with a piping tip. Pipe into serving bowls or glasses.
8. Top with remaining chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs and half of a chocolate sandwich cookie, if desired.
9. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Cup chocolate hazelnut spread (300 g), divided
2 large eggs
¼ cup all-purpose flour (30 g)
1. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together ¾ cup (225 g) chocolate hazelnut spread and the eggs.
2. Fold in the flour.
3. Evenly distribute into two mugs.
4. Microwave each mug for 2 minutes.
5. Cool for 5 minutes.
6. Frost with remaining chocolate hazelnut spread and serve warm.
1 cup peanut butter (240 g)
½ cup sugar (100 g)
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
2. In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, sugar, and egg.
3. Scoop out a spoonful of dough and roll it into a ball. Place the cookie balls onto a nonstick baking sheet.
4. For extra decoration and to make them cook more evenly, flatten the cookie balls by pressing a fork down on top of them, then press it down again at a 90º angle to make a criss-cross pattern.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are golden brown.
6. Remove from baking sheet and cool.