Huddled up cozily between a small tropical rainforest and pristine sandy beaches on a private island, the St. Regis Maldives Vommuli resort overlooks the alluring waves of the Indian Ocean, to let guests explore the tropical beauty and rich marine life of this peaceful, eco-conscious setting. The resort is known for its ability to take its guests on an ecstatic culinary trip with its variety of cuisines from all over the world, bursting with exotic flavours.
Since the dawn of the COVID-19 pandemic, many people took off from the streets and onto the kitchen, to experiment and discover on various recipes and the Chinese dumplings have fallen as one of the most trending recipes that people try out at home.
The best dumpling can only be made if you get the perfect dumpling skin, which is the outer shell of the whole dumpling. Take a look at St. Regis Maldives’ Chef Lucas’s step-by-step tutorial on how to make this versatile delicacy at home!
250 gm all-purpose flour
125 gm water
• Keep the all-purpose flour in a bowl and slowly add some water and start mixing. Do not add all the water at once, but add bit by bit.
• After mixing into a dough, start kneading for about 5 minutes until the dough is soft
• Cover the dough to avoid it from getting dry and let it rest for 15 minutes
• After 15 minutes, knead the dough again to get a softer and smoother surface
• Cover it for another 15 minutes
• Now the dough is ready and ready to be shaped
• Once the dough is shaped, slice the dough into pieces and sprinkle some flour on top of it
• Flatten the dough with your hand before using the rolling pin
• Keep rotating the dough while rolling at the same time
• Cut the edges out to get a perfect flat oval shape and your dumpling skin is ready!