On 3rd February, Health Protection Agency of Maldives announced that no samples were positive so far. There were a handful of suspected cases, which have been proven negative. “Great news: no samples positive for #2019nCoV in the Maldives so far.”
Today, the Maldives banned travelers arriving from China as a precautionary measure to combat the spread of coronavirus. “Under the new measures being implemented, the government of Maldives will restrict entry ... of any person who has left or transited through mainland China effective from 3 February,” Tourism Minister Ali Waheed told a news conference.
However, “Exceptions will be made in the case of Maldivian citizens.” Seven Maldivians were evacuated from Wuhan on Sunday by close ally India, and are being held in quarantine along with Indian nationals, Maldives Foreign Minister Abdulla Shahid said.
More than 280,000 Chinese tourists visited the luxury holiday destination in 2019, government data show, the largest number from any country.