Running of out of time? No worries! These delicious recipes take just 5 minutes to make.
Ingredients (4 servings)
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweeteend cocoa powder like Hersheys Cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2 1/4 cups milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 tablespoon butter (optional)
1. In medium saucepan combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt with a whisk.
2. Add milk and continue to whisk. Heat to simmer over medium heat.
3. Cook for 1-2 minutes until thick and bubbly.
4. Remove from heat - add vanilla and butter
5. Pour into your favorite dessert glass and chill throughly.
1. Stir together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in large microwave-safe bowl; gradually stir in milk.
2. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 7 to 10 minutes or until mixture comes to full boil, stirring every few minutes.
3. Stir in butter and vanilla. Pour into dishes to cool.
Recipe: Laughing Spatula
Ingredients (4 tacos)
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
4 taco sized tortillas or 8 mini tortillas
Purchased salsa fresca or pico de gallo
1 handful thinly sliced red onion
Torn cilantro leaves
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the 4 eggs. Add the chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and kosher salt, and whisk until combined.
2. In a skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the eggs and cook over medium low heat, scraping as the eggs solidify, about 3 to 4 minutes total. As you scrape, they’ll start to form together into a meat-like texture. Don’t scrape too much or you’ll make too small of pieces: just enough for that it comes together!
3. If time, warm and char the tortillas by placing them on an open gas flame on medium for a few seconds per side, flipping with tongs, until they are slightly blackened and warm.
4. Top with salsa fresca (drain extra liquid before serving), thin sliced red onions, torn cilantro leaves, and hot sauce.
Recipe: A Couple Cooks
1/2cup shredded boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cookedor pork
1(10-inch) flour tortilla, warmed
1/2cup enchilada sauce
1/2cup shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
1) Spoon the chicken down the center of the tortilla. Top with half the enchilada sauce and half the cheese. Roll up the tortilla and place seam-side down onto a microwavable plate. Top with the remaining sauce and cheese.
2) Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute 30 seconds or until the cheese is melted.